What Is It?
Bichat balls or bags are accumulations of fat that are located below the cheeks and give volume and shape to the face. In some patients it may give an unattractive round face appearance.
Through a surgery called Bichectomy, these fat pockets can be removed, leaving the face with a longer, thinner profile.
Benefits Of Surgery.
- Eliminate the plump or cheeky look from your cheeks.
- Stylize your face to make it more attractive.
How Is Surgery Performed?
- It is performed under local anesthesia.
- On the inside of the mouth.
- On the mucosa. A small 1 cm or 2 cm incision is made to remove the fat from the Bichat bags.
- The process is easy and it is not painful.
- Pressure is exerted from the external face and the fat balls are removed.
- The surgery lasts 30 minutes.
Who Can Undergo This Operation?
- Healthy people with normal weight, or overweight.
- Puffy cheeks.
- Round-faced patients
How Does It Work?
Bichat balls are ball-shaped accumulations of fat found on the cheeks, giving the face a plump, bulky and poorly defined appearance.
What benefits does the surgery leave?
the round face becomes more profiled, accentuating the cheekbones and giving a more attractive facial appearance.
- Consume pain relievers and antibiotics as directed by the doctor.
- He will present edema or ecchymosis for 5 days.
- Results will be seen in 3-4 weeks.
- You can return to work until 1 day later.
- You should use medicated rinses after each meal for 7 days.
- Soft diet for 14 days.
- Do not smoke for 14 days.
- The stitches fall off on their own.