Definition Of Blepharoplasty
It is eyelid surgery. It consists of removing the aged appearance of the eyelids, removing the excess skin. Blepharoplasty also removes fat pockets. This surgery also corrects ectropion and palpebral ptosis.
Initial Blepharoplasty Consultation.
The plastic and cosmetic surgeon César Fernández will examine his eyelids. Dermatochalasis, drooping of your eyelids, will be determined. The photos will be taken simultaneously.
The plastic surgeon will tell you how the surgery will be planned. The price of blepharoplasty will be estimated. The cost of the surgery must be paid before surgery in order to schedule your surgery.
- In adults with excess skin on the upper and lower eyelids.
- In patients with droopy eyelids.
- And all patients who want to remove wrinkles.
Type Of Anesthesia:
Anesthesia is performed under local anesthesia plus sedation or general anesthesia. The anesthesiologist on the plastic surgeon’s surgical team provides sedation and general anesthesia.
How Long Does Eyelid Surgery Or Blepharoplasty Last?
From half an hour to 4 hours. This depends on whether you operate only the upper eyelids or in combination with lower eyelids.
What Are The Goals Of Blepharoplasty?
- Remove wrinkles from the upper and lower eyelid.
- Remove the fat bags.
- Remove the weight from the upper eyelids.
How Is Surgery For Blepharoplasty Or Eyelid Surgery?
- The upper blepharoplasty is performed through an incision that removes excess skin and fat from the fat pockets. The wound is subsequently sutured.
- Blepharoplasty of the lower eyelid is done through an incision in the lower eyelid. Skin and fat are removed from fat bags. The skin is then sutured.
Does Blepharoplasty Require Hospitalization?
Does not require hospitalization
- Edema may appear, bruises on the eyelids that disappear after 21 days.
- It is normal for the first day to bleed a little.
- A cold compress should be applied to the eyelids for 5 days.
- You must rest with the head up 30 degrees.
- Cold compresses should be used from the first hour of surgery to reduce edema of the upper eyelids. 6 to 8 times a day.
What Post-Surgical Care Do I Need To Have?
- It is recommended to avoid wearing makeup for 1 month after surgery.
- You will not be able to scratch or stretch your eyes until 1 month after surgery,
- It should not be exposed to the sun for 3 months. Then if you are exposed to the sun, you should use sunscreen.
- You can return to work up to 15 days after surgery.
- You cannot exercise until 4 weeks after the procedure.