It is the surgery of the double chin or the submandibular region. It is performed in patients who have fat deposits on the dewlap, pronounced jowls, submandibular region with excessive laxity of the skin.
Who Is Indicated For The Treatment Of Double Chin Surgery ?
- In adults who have a double chin.
- Excess fat in the submandibular region.
- That they have skin laxity in the submandibular region.
- In adults at any stage.
How Is Chin Surgery Surgery?
It can be done in two ways:
- The first from an incision under the small 3-millimeter chin. Where a fatty liposuction of the skin is performed at the level of the double chin.
- The second is from a transverse incision of 3 to 4 cm in the submandibular region where it allows the fat found in the deep plane to be removed from the digastric muscles. In addition, it allows to face the separated muscles and allows to anchor the platysma to the hyoid with which the angle of the neck is recovered.
How Is The Pre-Surgery Of Jowl Surgery?
- The Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández will perform a complete medical history where he will evaluate his double chin. The degree of deformity of the dewlap, the amount of the dewlap tissue, the pinch test, the menthocervical angle will be determined. Photos will be taken later.
- Later, according to the degree of deformity of your double chin, the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández will tell you which surgery is best for you.
- Diseases such as previous pathologies, surgeries, allergies or taking medications must also be ruled out.
- After the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández will tell you the value of the surgery, this surgery must be paid in cash in Colombian pesos, euros or dollars days. The cost of surgery must be paid prior to surgery in order to schedule your surgery in the clinic operating room.
How Is The Post-Surgery Of The Double Chin Surgery?
- If liposuction is performed, you should remain with an elastic bandage over your neck or a neck girdle for 7 to 14 days. This allows to reduce the edema and that the skin is fixed to the neck. After 10 days, the chin stitches will be removed.
- If resection of the open dewlap is performed. You will owe the neck girdle for 14 days. After 10 days, the stitches will be removed.
What Post-Surgical Care Do I Need To Have?
It should not be exposed to the sun for 3 months. Then if you are exposed to the sun, you should use sunscreen.
You cannot perform physical exercise for up to 2 months. It is recommended not to hyperextend the neck for 1 month.
- Bleeding, infection, bruising. With the first control it is ruled out that you do not have collections of blood or pus that requires drainage.
- There may be asymmetries of the double chin, that the amount of liposuctioned fat is insufficient.
- Hypertrophic, keloid, or hyperpigmented scarring may appear.
- There may be injury to some main vessel such as the external jugular or the carotid, superior thyroid.
- You can make suture dehiscence of the neck suspension points with a recurrence of the dewlap of the dewlap, in this case it may require a second reoperation.
Does Jowl Surgery Leave A Scar?
It leaves a hidden scar under the chin. In open jowl surgery, it leaves a transverse scar in the submandibular region.