Rhytidectomy is a type of surgery that excises excess skin of the face, gills and neck, achieving a more youthful appearance. The surgical procedure stresses the skin of the face and soft tissues. It is practiced more in men and women over 40 years.
Simultaneously, they can be combined with other procedures on the face, such as blepharoplasty, frontoplasty, rhytidectomy, otoplasty, cervicoplasty and rhinoplasty .
While in good health, control your diseases, this procedure is possible. Rhytidectomy can be performed at 40, 50, 60 and up to 70 years of age.
Indications of facelift
- You want to rejuvenate your face.
- Eliminate signs of aging on the face.
- Remove with excess skin and sagging.
- You want to look younger
- Improve your self-esteem by having a face without wrinkles.
- Remove the pronounced nasolabial folds.
- Remove the double chin.
What is the facelift used for?
The facelift is used to look younger and more natural.
What are the benefits of facelift?
- Rhytidectomy improves many areas of the face with a single surgical intervention. I can work your forehead, your cheeks, your eyelids, your chin and your neck.
- You will see yourself 9 to 12 years younger.
- It allows to eliminate that dewlap from the neck that does not improve with liposuction.
- It can remove excess skin and facial wrinkles.
What are the disadvantages of the face lift?
- Only the appearance of your face changes.
- You will have disability for 10 days to 2 weeks.
- Recovery can be uncomfortable because you will not be able to make gestures or laugh for at least 1 to 2 weeks.
- Sometimes the surgery of a total face lift can end in a very delayed surgery. Therefore, 2 to 3 additional surgeries may be required.
How is the facelift performed?
This surgical procedure is performed by removing the skin and suspending the SMAS (musculoaponeurotic system).
Total face and neck lifting: It is done in people of 50 or 70 years, where there are many wrinkles, where the neck and face are very deteriorated over the years. Performing this surgery will improve the aesthetic appearance of your face. There will be a betterment of the beauty of the neck and face.
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Hospitalization: 1-2 days.
- General anesthesia
- Recovery: 1-2 weeks.
Do I need hospitalization in the rhythidoplasty?
- Only when total rhytidectomy is performed including upper third, center and neck for 1 day.
- A bandage is left for 7 days.
- It is very important to control your blood pressure. Suspend aspirin 2 weeks before. Avoid the cigarette 1 month before the procedure.
Indications after the face lift.
- You will have slight pain. Slight discomfort when moving the neck. You will have a bandage and a cervical immobilizer for 4 days.
- The bandage will be removed in 15 days.
- Inflammation and swelling can last up to 10 days after the procedure.
- You will feel a stretched skin, but it is normal to disappear after the 2nd or 3rd month.
- You will not be able to go to work for 2 weeks.
- It is recommended to stay at home for at least 1 week.
- You should avoid extending the neck for 1 month.
- Avoid the sun and use sunscreen for at least 1 year.
- The points will be removed after seven to ten days. The scar will mature and will be definitively complete a year.
What are the risks of rhytidectomy?
Bleeding, infection, opening of the wound, bruising, necrosis of the skin, injury to a major artery or vein, nerve damage, loss of sensation, loss of mobility of the muscles of the face, facial paralysis. There may be risks of anesthesia, hypotension, bradycardia, tachycardia, death.Abnormal scars, limitation for neck movement.