SURGERY OF THE FRONT COLOMBIA
FRONT LIFTING COLOMBIA
Frontoplasty is a surgical procedure that improves the appearance of the forehead, including the forehead and eyebrows.
This surgery diminishes the wrinkles produced by aging in the forehead, it also improves the appearance of the eyebrows. You will feel younger, with a more youthful look and a more relaxed forehead.
In whom is frontoplasty and facelift surgery indicated?
- In those patients with wrinkles to the eyelids, known as “chicken legs”.
- Have vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows.
- Have horizontal wrinkles on your forehead.
- Have horizontal wrinkles on the back of the nose
- Patients with any wrinkle on the forehead.
What to do before the surgery of the forehead?
- You must attend a surgical consultation where Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández will evaluate the reasons for the surgery, your expectations. A complete clinical history will be made where your background and complete physical examination are covered.
- The possible one that requires a photographic analysis to later make comparisons. It will study the wrinkles of the patient, the degree of ptosis of the eyebrows. Adequate surgical planning is needed to make the surgery as accurate as possible.
- It may require laboratory tests such as blood count, blood sugar, clotting times. Some older patients may need other tests. It should always be evaluated by an anesthesiologist.
- Do not consume alcohol and smoke a cigarette 1 month before.
- Do not consume aspirin 10 days before surgery. If you take medication for other illnesses, your anesthesiologist will tell you which ones to use and which drugs to stop.
How is the facelift done?
It is performed in an operating room with general anesthesia. Some incisions are made along the length of the hairline. An incision in the midline and 2 incisions on each side of the forehead.Through these incisions, the skin is separated from the bone of the skull to subsequently tighten the skin. In this way you will be able to look more rejuvenated.
It is possible to use an endoscope to be able to directly visualize the structure of the forehead, in addition the incisions are smaller.
It is necessary to be hospitalized for 12 hours. In most cases it is an outpatient surgery.
What are the possible complications of frontoplasty?
That the nerves that give sensitivity to the forehead and the scalp are damaged causing numbness or tingling. That the nerves that make the muscles of the eyes and forehead move, with the limitation to frown or blink, are injured.
Bleeding, bruising may occur. That is why I recommend the use of bandage for at least 7 days after the surgical procedure.
There are other risks such as asymmetries in the forehead, asymmetries in the eyebrows that require a new surgical reintervention, it is very rare.
What to do after surgery?
- Do not remove bandages for 7 days. You should sleep on your back and with the headrest raised for at least 7 days.
- He will attend a check on the third day, heal his wound and put the bandage back on.
- They will formulate analgesic and antibiotics that should be taken on schedule.
- Must attend scheduled postsurgical controls to evaluate their evolution
- You can return to your work after 10 to 14 days.
- You can wash your hair with shampoo after 3 days, with gentle massages. The scabs will fall on their own.
- Do not use dryer for 5 days. You should not comb your hair, dye your hair until 1 month after surgery.
- Points will be removed after 14 days.
- It is possible that the forehead may feel asleep until almost 6 months, this will disappear as the tissues heal.
- It is important to be realistic with the results of the surgery, with this procedure you can rejuvenate up to 10 years.
- You should always take photographs and exams in the places where your plastic surgeon indicates.
- Any concerns you have should be communicated to the plastic surgeon.
- You must comply with all the recommendations of your plastic surgeon, follow the instructions of the formulation with schedule, take care of your wounds and attend all the controls.
- Always consult the plastic surgeon.