- Body Surgery
- Facial surgery
- Non-surgical procedures
- Plastic surgery history Plastic surgeons
- Mastopexy Colombia Breast Lift Bogota Cali Medellin Bucaramanga Barranquilla
The aesthetic treatment that helps to eliminate wrinkles arising from the passage of time or other reasons. It is used with fillers.
An injection of a filling substance such as hyaluronic acid is made on the lips to improve the volume and beauty of the face, cheeks or lips.
The most common causes that drive us to undergo this aesthetic treatment.
Depending on the need and requirement of the patient, one or the other will be used.
The risks are minimal . There are rare risks such as granulomas, overfilling and skin necrosis. There are very infrequent dangerous complications such as migration can generate blindness or stroke (brain thrombosis) and even death. It has been mentioned that the superficial application in excess of the filling can produce a bluish optical effect through the skin (Tyndall effect).
It is injected according to its depth: It is injected subcutaneously for small wrinkles.
It is injected supraperióstico for filling of other facial areas
Hydroxyapatite is composed of synthetic particles of calcium hydroxyapatite (caha) dissolved in a gelatinous solution that stimulate the production of dermis. In the market it is known as Radiesse.
The texture is creamy, when injected it remains soft. It is natural to palpation. It is injected in syringes of 1 milliliter and its duration of effect can be from two to five years
Complications include nodule formation, implant migration and granuloma formation
It is especially indicated in patients with facial lipoatrophy and HIV patients
The product used is Aquamid.
It is a transparent gel-like substance with 95% water and 5% hydrophilic polyacrylamide polymer.
It is considered a permanent implant, it can be used on the lips.
Complications are rare, these include granulomas such as foreign body reaction, nodules, Staphylococcus aureus infection.
The products used are Zyderm and Zyplast
Bovine dermal collagen is a reconstituted, purified and enzymatically digested material. Its effect lasts six months. The blisters have to be refrigerated. Repeated injections are required. Complications are hypersensitivity reactions such as foreign body granulomas, cysts and sterile abscesses.
Polyalkimides, with its star product, Bioalcamid , is a substance composed of 3% by a crosslinked polymer, and 97% by water .
This permanent product allows to correct volume in any part of the body. It is used in aesthetics, trauma or congenital deformities
Around the polyalkimides, a capsule is formed, which prevents it from moving and being isolated from other tissues. In addition, in case of complication it can be extracted more easily.
Bioalcamid is indicated in the cases of:
1. Redness and local inflammation that is produced by the injections: it can last up to 3 days.
2. Hematomas: due to capillary lesions being injected into the tissue, or due to the vasodilating effect of lidocaine. Its effect disappears after 10 days.
3. Asymmetries or overcorrections: Dependent on the amount used.
4. Hypersensitivity reactions: as local irritation. The only product that requires allergy testing is bovine collagen.
5. Cutaneous necrosis : When large amounts are applied or very superficial. It is recommended to use antidote.
1. Granulomas: are produced mainly with the use of permanent fillers, and rarely with hyaluronic acid. They can last for months to years. It requires treatment and even surgery to remove it.
They can appear months after treatment and last for years.
2. Migration of the product to other parts of the body.
Very rare side effects are: dyspnea, facial paralysis, collagen disease, infection, scarring and even death.