LIPO IN COLOMBIA
What is liposuction?
Liposuction consists of removing the fat from the body using a cannula suction by means of an apparatus that generates negative pressure. The surgery will be performed by Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández since he is very well trained to perform this procedure.
Liposuction is an aesthetic surgery. The Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández removes the excess fat from the layers of fat to reduce the volume and thus have a better appearance of the body and also improves the irregular contours of the body. Another name with which this procedure is known is body contouring.
Liposuction serves to mold and change the volume of different areas of the body. Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández performs liposuction in such areas as the chin, neck, cheeks, arms, breasts, abdomen, buttocks, hips, thighs, knees, calves and ankles. It is also possible to give a three-dimensional effect on the abdomen giving an HD (high definition or high definition) or FHD (full high definition) effect.
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that will always have risks and can generate pain in recovery after surgery. Liposuction can have sexual or fatal cases. You should always have a clear justification for undergoing this surgery.
What are the types of procedures for liposuction?
Tumescent liposuction (liquid injection): is the most common type of liposuction. Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández injects a good amount of liquid solution mixed with lidocaine or epinephrine in the liposuction areas before extracting the fat. This general improvement in pain and decrease in bleeding during surgery, which is very important to reduce risks and complications. Lidocaine helps numb (numb) the area you want to liposuction during and after the operation. The diluted adrenaline helps reduces blood loss, bruising and swelling. The tumescent solution helps extract fat more easily. It is sucked together with the fat. Then the Doctor performs liposuction, which can last from 1 hour to 4 hours. Surgery time can be increased if it is associated with other procedures.
The super-wet technique is similar to tumescent liposuction. The difference is that very little tumescent fluid is used in surgery. The amount of fluid that is injected is equal to the amount of fat that is to be extracted. This technique takes less time. They may have more pain in the postoperative period.
Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (LAU) uses the ultrasound that generates ultrasonic energy to disintegrate adipose cells in fluid. After passing the ultrasound, the fat can be liposuctioned. This surgery can be done in two ways: external (on the surface of the skin with a special emitter) or internal (under the surface of the skin, with the help of a small hot cannula). Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández use this technique to eliminate fat easier in areas of the body that have a lot of fibrosis or that have had previous liposuction (secondary), such as back or gynecomastia in men. This technique is often used in combination with the tumescent technique. This procedure can take more time because it is necessary to pass the ultrasound before, the surgery can last from 2 hours to 5 hours.
Laser assisted liposuction (LAL) uses energy emitted by the laser through cannula in order to liquefy the fat. Once the cells are liquefied, they can be lipoaspirated. This surgery is performed in 2 surgical times, first the laser is passed with a small cannula and then aspirated with a conventional cannula. Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández uses them in areas in body areas that have a lot of fibrosis or that they had had previous (secondary) liposuctions. It can be used on any part of the body. One advantage of using the laser is that it stimulates the production of collagen, it usually thickens the dermis and also helps generate more skin retraction.
Liposuction combined with J Plasma (J-plasma): Consists of conventional liposuction and then use J-Plasma ® to generate a greater amount of skin tightening, is an advanced energy modality that combines the unique properties of helium plasma that generates waves of patented radio frequency. This allows a greater body contouring to be obtained and in a few weeks the results of liposuction can be seen.
How is liposuction performed?
- It requires a liposuction that generates negative pressure and cannulas.
A previous surgical lavage is required. Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández prepares the areas of his body that are going to be operated, marks the areas that require liposuction.
- The anesthesiologist will know your clinical case in a prior consultation, he will know your medical history, history of allergies and medications you are taking. You will receive general anesthesia. Always open a safe anesthetic by a trained surgical team. Safety is the most important for the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon.
- Through a small incision in the skin that is located in areas that are not as visible as the bra or in the bikini area, a cannula is introduced to perform the injection of the tumescent solution. After a waiting time, the suction cannula is inserted and the fat deposits are removed and a sweep is made over the entire area with abundant fat so that there is uniformity in liposuction.
- Several sites of entry into the skin may be needed to treat large areas such as the back and abdomen. The Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández can approach the areas of the body from several different directions in order to achieve the best silhouette.
- After removing the fat, it is collected in vacuum containers which have the fat isolated for later lipoinjection. After finishing liposuction, small drains can be left in the incision sites to remove blood and fluid that are produced the first 1 to 5 days after liposuction, Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández complements the drainage with lymphatic drainage and massage with your postoperative care team.
- The Anesthesiologist of the operating room and the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández are always aware of their vital signs and their water resuscitation, in case of abundant bleeding in the surgery, it is possible that they need a fluid replacement (intravenously). Very rarely, a blood transfusion may be needed.
- A band will be placed before leaving the operating room so that the edema does not increase in the postoperative period. You must bring an abdominal girdle if a liposuction is performed. In case a mammoplasty is performed, it also requires a bra. Use it as instructed by the Aesthetic Surgeon.
Why is liposuction done?
What are the indications of liposuction?
The following are some of the uses for liposuction:
- Cosmetic reasons, even excess fat in the waist “tires or love handles”, deposits of fat under the chin “double chin”.
- Improving self-esteem and sexual function, by reducing abnormal excess fat located in the inner part of the thighs gives more slender legs, reduces friction and itching between the thighs, also allows easier access to the vagina.
- Molding of the body for people who have not satisfied with their beauty, in those people who have not been able to eliminate fat despite diet or exercise.
Liposuction is not used:
- To replace exercise and diet, or as a definitive treatment for obesity. It can be used as a complementary treatment to remove fat from isolated areas. It is common in postbariatric patients to use them as a complementary method of lipectomy.
- For the treatment for cellulite, liposuction does not eliminate cellulite, only a lipectomy does it. It does not allow to eliminate the uneven and dimpled appearance of the skin on hips, thighs and buttocks or excess skin. Liposuction can generate more flaccidity when removing fat leaving leftover skin. Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández will determine if he requires liposuction or a lipectomy.
- In the legs, forearms, hands, in the breasts, because these can generate lymphedema or can be common sites of cancer.
There are many alternative treatments instead of liposuction, such as abdominoplasty (removing excess skin and tightening the abdomen), removal of fat cell tumors (lipomas), breast reduction surgery (breast reduction or mammoplasty) or a combination of plastic surgery methods. Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández will define who is your best option.
What are the risks of liposuction?
You must monitor and control certain pre-existing conditions before a liposuction, including:
- History of heart disease (high blood pressure, heart attack or heart attack)
- Suffer from thyroid diseases, hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism or sugar (diabetes).
- Use of medication: it is recommended to stop aspirin 10 days before surgery, any anti-inflammatory (Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Nimesulide, Dipirone) suspend it 10 days before surgery, avoid taking oral contraceptives at least 1 month before surgery.
- Stop taking Ginkgo Biloba, vitamin E and vitamin C for at least 10 days before the intervention.
Allergic reactions to medications such acetaminophen, aspirin, dipyrone, diclofenac, ampicillin, tramadol, morphine, amoxicillin, penicillin, among the most common.
- Lung problems (difficulty breathing, air bagging in the bloodstream), rule out chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma that must be controlled before and after surgery.
Allergies (antibiotics, asthma, surgical preparation).
- Smoking, alcohol or drug addiction, it is required to suspend the cigarette at least 1 month before surgery.
There are also risks associated with liposuction, such as:
- Travel by plane: For travelers traveling by plane traveling on flights of> 6 h, there is a greater risk of intraoperative and postoperative venous thromboembolism, the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández recommends that during the trip I have frequent wanders along the corridor of the Minimum aircraft every hour, and avoiding dehydration, can also use medium pressure venous compression stockings below the knee (with a compression force of 15 to 30 mm Hg) that could have a protective effect in reducing thrombosis in the travelers.
- Shock (usually when the fluid is replenished during surgery), it is recommended to avoid strenuous physical exercise 24 hours before surgery because it could generate dehydration. Avoid tanning chamber, sauna and Turkish 48 hours before.
- Excess fluid (usually produced by the procedure and fluids given in anesthesia).
- Skin and soft tissue infections (may be due to streptococcal germs, staphylococci), in rare cases progress to fasciitis.
- Bleeding, blood clots.
Small globules of fat in the bloodstream that block blood flow to tissues (fat embolism), this can be micro embolic if they are microscopic emboli or macro embolisms if they are large deposits of fat visible to the eye.
- Damage to the nerves that give skin sensitivity, ulcers on the skin, injuries to abdominal tissues or organs, vascular injuries or burns due to heat or to the instruments used for liposuction.
Uneven fat extraction (contour asymmetries) that may be frequent.
- Dents on your skin from excess liposuction or contour problems.
- Reactions to medications used in surgery or overdose due to the lidocaine used in the procedure.
- Bad Scarring, keloids, irregular skin, fibrotic, asymmetrical or even “flaccid”, especially in the elderly or very obese.
What measures are taken before liposuction?
How is the pre-surgical liposuction?
Before the procedure
Before the surgery, you will have an initial consultation, which includes a medical history, your reasons for surgery, a complete physical examination and the taking of anthropometric measurements of your body. The Doctor will explain the procedure you need, its risks and possible complications of liposuction. After making a voluntary decision to have surgery, you will sign an informed consent for the liposuction and make the full payment that includes fees for the surgeon, the operating room, the clinic, the anesthesiologist, post-surgical medications such as anti-inflammatories and antibiotics, and the Postoperative care (healing, several appointments with the specialist during the first month). It may be necessary to take someone, such as your spouse, during the visit to help you remember what the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon tells you.
Feel free to ask questions of all the doubts you have. Always make sure you understand the answers provided. You must understand preoperative indications, liposuction surgery and postoperative care well. Understand that liposuction can improve your appearance and self-esteem, but it will probably not provide you with an ideal body, after liposuction you may need a diet or exercise to maintain what you achieved in the operating room.
Before your consultation with the anesthesiologist, it may be necessary to draw blood, have a urine test, HIV test, or other pre-surgical exams, allow the medical team to rule out diseases that may complicate your surgery and its postoperative period.
Always come to the operating room accompanied, you will need someone to take you home after surgery.
How is the postoperative liposuction?
Indications after liposuction?
After the procedure
Liposuction may or may not require hospitalization, depending on the amount of fat liposuction, the surgical time and bleeding, or any other complication that has arisen in your surgery. Liposuction should be carried out in a properly accredited operating room and with trained, qualified and trained personnel to perform the procedure.
After liposuction, bandages and compression straps are applied to maintain pressure on the area to decrease edema, and stop any bleeding, as well as to help preserve the acquired shape in the operating room. The belt is left in place for at least 4 weeks. You will need the compression strip for several weeks.
Does liposuction leave scars?
Leaves a very small scar where the cannula is inserted to perform liposuction.
Does liposuction generate pain?
- You will probably have swelling, bruising, bruising, numbness, and pain.
- Edema (swelling) will get worse in the first 5 days and then gradually improve, it will take up to 3 months to completely remove the swelling. Bruising can take up to 4 weeks to go away. The pain can last up to 2 weeks. The numbness may last several months to disappear.
- The sutures will be removed in 7 to 14 days. Antibiotics will be prescribed to prevent an infection.
- You will experience sensations such as numbness or tingling, as well as pain, during the following weeks after surgery.
- Walk as soon as possible after surgery to prevent blood clots from forming in your legs. Generally, most women can go to the bathroom 4 to 6 hours after the procedure.
- It is recommended that after 6 hours you can start eating liquid or soft food. You may experience vomiting during your first meal due to anesthesia.
- You may require disability at least 7 to 15 days.
- Avoid exercising or lifting weights for one month after surgery.
- You will start to feel good after 1 or 2 weeks. Most women relief their pain after 5 days, some may persist up to 2 weeks. You can return to work a few days after liposuction.
- The doctor will perform to checkup the day after your surgery, you may call her several times a day, you can call her from time to time to monitor her healing process. Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández will tell you what days he will attend clinical follow-up during his first week of recovery and the following weeks.
What are the expectations of liposuction?
Many people are satisfied and grateful with the results of the surgery performed by the plastic and aesthetic surgeon.
Your new body image will begin to be noticed during the first or second week after surgery. The improvement will be more visible in four to six weeks after surgery. The swelling will disappear completely in most patients 3 months after surgery. Good exercise and good diet, can help maintain your new figure.
Where do the patients we operate come from?
The majority come from United States, and Europe.
The recommendations before and after liposuction will be provided by César Fernández Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon in Bucaramanga – Colombia, who will answer all your questions, the surgery time, the laboratories, the type of anesthesia, the price of liposuction, laser lipolysis, J- Plasma and liposuction. I wait for you.