Rhytidoplasty is a type of surgery that excises excess skin from the face, chins and neck, achieving a more youthful appearance. The surgical procedure tightens the skin of the face and its soft tissues. It is more practiced in men and women over 40 years old.
Simultaneously, they can be combined with other procedures on the face, such as blepharoplasty, frontoplasty, rhytidoplasty, otoplasty, cervical lift, rhinoplasty and otoplasty.
As long as you are in good health, control your illnesses, this procedure is possible. Rhytidoplasty can be performed at 40, 50, 60 and up to 70 years of age.
- You want to rejuvenate the face.
- Eliminate signs of aging on the face.
- Remove with excess skin and flaccidity.
- You want to look younger.
- Improve your self-esteem by having a wrinkle-free face.
- Remove the pronounced nasolabial folds.
- Remove the double chin.
What Is A Face Lift Used For?
The face lift is used to look younger and more natural.
What Are The Benefits Of Face Lifting?
- Rhytidoplasty improves many areas of the face with a single surgical intervention. I can work your forehead, your cheeks, your eyelids, your dewlap and your neck.
- You will look 9 to 12 years younger.
- It allows to eliminate that double chin that does not improve with liposuction.
- It can remove excess skin and facial wrinkles.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Face Lifting?
- It only changes the appearance of your face.
- You will be disabled for 10 days to 2 weeks.
- Recovery can be uncomfortable because you won’t be able to gesture or laugh for at least 1 to 2 weeks.
- Sometimes a total facelift surgery can end in a very delayed surgery. Therefore, 2 to 3 additional surgeries may be required.
How Is The Facelift Performed?
This surgical procedure is performed by removing the skin and suspending the SMAS (musculoaponeurotic system).
Total Face And Neck Lift:
It is done in people of 50 or 70 years, where there are many wrinkles, where their neck and face are very deteriorated over the years. Performing this surgery will improve the aesthetic appearance of your face. There will be an enhancement of the beauty of the neck and face.
- Duration: 3-5 hours
- Hospitalization: 1-2 days.
- General anesthesia
- Recovery: 1-2 weeks.
Do I Need Hospitalization For Rhytidoplasty?
- Only when performing total rhytidoplasty including upper third, center and neck for 1 day.
- A bandage is left on for 7 days.
- It is very important to control your blood pressure. Stop aspirin 2 weeks before. Avoid smoking 1 month before the procedure.
Indications After The Face Lift.
- You will have slight pain. Slight discomfort when moving the neck. You will have a bandage and a cervical immobilizer for 4 days.
- The bandage will be removed in 15 days.
- The inflammation and swelling can last up to 10 days after the procedure.
- You will feel a stretched skin, but it is normal that it disappears after the 2nd or 3rd month.
- You will not be able to go to work for 2 weeks.
- It is recommended to stay at home for at least 1 week.
- You should avoid extending the neck for 1 month.
- You will avoid the sun and use sunscreen for at least 1 year.
- The stitches will be removed after seven to ten days. The scar will mature and be definitively completely a year.
What Are The Risks Of Rhytidoplasty?
Bleeding, infection, wound opening, bruising, skin necrosis, injury to a major artery or vein, nerve injury, loss of sensation, loss of mobility of muscles in the face, facial paralysis. There may be risks of anesthesia, hypotension, bradycardia, tachycardia, death. Abnormal scars, limitation for neck movement.