What Is Augmentation Mammoplasty?
Breast augmentation mammoplasty is a surgery to increase the size of mothers and breasts.
Augmentation mammoplasty can be performed using three systems: the most widely used is the placement of a silicone prosthesis behind the muscle or behind the mammary gland, giving volume and controlling the shape of the breast. The second way to perform a breast augmentation is by means of fat Lipoinjection in the breasts, it is little used since it increases the volume and it is very difficult to control the shape of the breast. The third form of breast augmentation is using a negative pressure system, called the brave system, which places suction cups on the mothers and generation in the breasts, in a way that stimulates the production of cells from the mothers, increasing the size of the breasts.
What Is Used For An Augmentation Mammoplasty With A Prosthesis?
A prosthesis or breast implant which consists of a bag which contains several layers of silicone or a layer of silicone with saline inside.
Does Breast Augmentation Surgery Require Hospitalization Or Is It Outpatient?
The surgery is ambulatory.
What Type Of Anesthesia Is Used In Augmentation Mammoplasty?
- The surgery is performed in a plastic and cosmetic surgery clinic, always under general anesthesia. General anesthesia is preferred since the mother can be manipulated with total comfort and in a more efficient way. The Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández will never perform a mammoplasty under local anesthesia.
What Are The Approaches Used In Breast Augmentation Or Augmentation Mammoplasty?
- The most common technique used in Colombia is the periareolar technique, in which an incision is made in the lower part of the areola, dissected by planes until the plane behind the gland is found (retroglandular), the plane in front of the muscle (subfascial ) or the plane behind the muscle (retromuscular). After dissecting the plane, the silicone or saline prosthesis is inserted. This scar Generally goes unnoticed since the scar is located in the transition between the skin of the areola and the skin of the mother. This technique can cause slight loss of sensitivity in the nipple. It has not been shown to alter the action of milk during lactation. It can be used on any patient and at any age.
- The next approach is through the inframammary sulcus. In this, an incision is made below the breast, dissected through planes until the retroglandular plane is found, and then it ascends inferior to Superior, dissecting behind the gland, in front of the muscle or behind the pectoral muscle. After dissecting the plane, the silicone or saline prosthesis is inserted. This technique does not alter sensitivity, nor does it alter breastfeeding.
- There is a third technique which is through the axillary, in which an incision is made in the armpit. Through an endoscope, it is dissected in planes until the pectoral muscle is found, and it is then dissected behind the pectoral muscle from superior to inferior. This route is useful for placing saline prostheses behind the muscle (retro muscular).
What Techniques Exist For Breast Augmentation Or Augmentation Mammoplasty?
There are 3 techniques which are the retroglandular technique, the subfascial technique, the retromuscular technique.
The retroglandular technique is used in those patients who have a good amount of fat and mammary gland, who do not have breast ptosis (sagging breasts), and who want a much more natural appearance from their mothers. Prostheses generally look more natural, moms generally increase the volume in the lower pole and make them fall over the years more quickly. To the touch it gives the appearance that they did not have a breast prosthesis. This technique generates little pain.
The subfascial technique consists of placing the prosthesis behind the fascia that covers the pectoral muscle. It is indicated in patients who have good skin thickness and fat in their mothers. They are generally more supportive of the prosthesis than the retroglandular technique.Prosthetics look very natural, and moms generally fall less quickly than the retroglandular technique due to fascia support. This technique generates little pain.
And the retromuscular technique places the prosthesis behind the pectoral muscle. It is used in those patients in which their oily skin from their mothers is very thin, so additional coverage with muscle is required. Esta Generally produces a very artificial appearance of breasts, where the breasts appear well raised and full in their Upper Pole. It can generate more pain in the postoperative period.
Over the years, unlike the other techniques, in the retromuscular technique the breast prostheses never fall, but the glandular tissue and the fat of the mother does fall, giving an appearance of double contour or Snoopy deformity, which it is unattractive to women.
What Are The Risks Of Mammoplasty?
- Risks can range from bleeding, infection, opening of the wound, collections in the breasts, irregularities in the breasts, a ruptured prosthesis, migration of silicone, large bruises, that requires a new surgical intervention, anesthesia in the nipple, chronic pain in mothers, breast asymmetry, rise of the prosthesis, descent of the prosthesis, than one nipple more elevated than the other. That there is a breast with a different size from the other. Impairment of wound healing, such as hypertrophy or keloids. That the possibility of breastfeeding is lost. That form visible superficial irregularities of the skin like undulations.
- After inserting a breast prosthesis, it is normal for the body to react against the prosthesis in the following months to report a capsule around the prosthesis. This tissue is a normal reaction to the prosthesis, in which a scar forms around it. The capsule helps keep the implant inside and prevents it from moving to another site.
- When the capsule and grows, generate visible deformities on the skin, pain and irregularities in the breasts.
Should The Breasts Always Be The Same?
No, all women have the two unequal moms, since being an even organ there can be a mom that is bigger or smaller, more raised or more down, with a bigger nipple or with a smaller nipple, with a mom differently than the other. The surgery the only thing it does is give it volume and a little symmetry, so that the mothers have a very similar appearance but they will never be the same.
Before Augmentation Mammoplasty
- What precautions and what are the pre-surgical cares.
- First consultation, a first complete medical history will be performed. In which they will ask about the reasons for the surgery, the medical, allergic, pathological history, medications, previous surgeries AND some other important antecedent.
- You should always advise whether or not you are pregnant.
- Man must warn about all the medications he is consuming, supplements, vitamins, herbs that could alter his coagulation or scarring.
What Tests Should Be Performed In Augmentation Mammoplasty?
- A breast ultrasound will always be performed before the age of 40. If you are over 40, a mammogram will be done.
- Pain relievers such as Acetylsalicylic acid (Aspirin), ibuprofen (Advil) should always be avoided 10 days before the procedure.
- If you have thyroid disorder, your anesthesiologist may tell you to take some medications until the day of surgery.
- If you suffer from hypertension, your anesthesiologist location may continue to take some hypertensives until you have surgery.
- If you have diabetes, your anesthesiologist or internist may recommend that you continue taking the medications.
- You must stop smoking at least one month before the surgical procedure.
What Is The Price Of An Augmentation Mammoplasty?
Later it was evaluated by the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández and anesthesiologist. You must go to the plastic surgeon’s offices, and pay the cost of the surgery in full. The surgical package includes the cost of the anesthesiologist, the operating room, plastic surgeon’s fees, Post-surgical medications such as antibiotics and pain relievers, post-surgical controls during the first month, post-surgical cures and girdles.
What Should I Do On The Day Of Augmentation Mammoplasty Surgery?
- You must have 8 hours of fasting. It is recommended that the day before you have a light dinner until before 10 pm.
- Previous should be washed with soap and water. And then make a new bath with Isodine for 5 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Bring fresh clothing that is easy to remove.
- Must be accompanied by a family member or companion. He or she will wait for you from before surgery until after surgery. You will not be able to drive for the first week after surgery.
- Do not bring money or valuables.
- You cannot bring rings, bracelets, piercing, earrings.
- You must bring your nails without polish.
- If you suffer from a disease that requires you to continue any medication, in the pre-anesthetic evaluation or with the internist, the doctor will indicate which medications you should continue consuming.
How Is The Post Surgical Breast Augmentation?
What Are The Care After Augmentation Mammoplasty Surgery?
- You will come out of surgery with a postoperative breast girdle. Which prevents bruises from forming and reduces swelling in the breasts.
- Post surgical care will remain for 3 to 6 hours.
- After the effects of anesthesia are over, you have eaten some food, do not vomit, can go to the bathroom, and can walk. At this time go home without any problem.
- You should always leave the hospital accompanied by a relative or companion.
- Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández never drains augmentation mammoplasty.
- It recommends carrying out the first post-surgical control 3 to 5 days after surgery. After the fifth day you should massage your breast.
- In patients with retromuscular implants, massage will help decrease the hardening of the capsule surrounding the implant and decrease the increased muscle tension.
When Do You See The Effects Of Mammoplasty Increase?
- This is seen immediately after surgery.
- You may have breast pain that improves on the fifth to seventh day of surgery. Some people may have pain for up to 2 to 3 weeks after surgery, especially in those patients who require retromuscular prostheses.
- It is possible that the edema increases until the seventh postoperative day and later it begins to diminish with the course of the week.
The use of postsurgical breast bra is recommended until at least 2 months after surgery.
Breast Augmentation Surgery Or Augmentation Mammoplasty Leaves Scarring.
If there will always be a scar, which may be located under the nipple or above the crease, the breast groove, always try to perform a good surgical technique so that the scars look as thin as possible.
Augmentation mammoplasty; Breast implants; Implants – breast; Mammoplasty