Ear Surgery Colombia
What Is Otoplasty?
It is ear surgery. It is performed on patients who have misshapen ears, screen-shaped ears, blow ears, or large ears.
It is normal for children to be teased or humiliated in public for their large ears. It is always recommended that you have surgery when you are 6 years old.
In adults, if the decision is made to have surgery, it is for aesthetic reasons.
Who Is The Otoplasty Treatment Indicated?
- In children from 6 to 8 years of age.
- In adults at any stage.
- What is otoplasty surgery like?
- It consists of making an incision on the back of the ear to shape it from non-absorbable stitches.
- It may also be necessary to remove cartilage from the ear shell in order to make the ears less visible or angled.
How Is The Otoplasty Presurgical?
- The Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández will perform a medical history where he will evaluate his ears. The degree of deformity will be determined. Photos will be taken.
- Later, according to the degree of deformity of your ears, the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon César Fernández will tell you which surgery is best for you.
- Diseases such as previous pathologies, surgeries, allergies or taking medications must also be ruled out.
- After the Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández will tell you the value of the surgery, this surgery must be paid in cash in Colombian pesos, euros or dollars.
As Is The Postsurgical Of Otoplasty.
- You will be left with gauze covered ears and an elastic bandage that cannot be removed until 4 to 7 days after surgery.
- The Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon César Fernández will make a control appointment 7 days after the surgery.
- Stitches will also be removed after 7 days.
- The swelling will go away completely after 2 weeks.
- You cannot attend pools for 2 months.
- What post-surgical care do I need to have?
- It should not be exposed to the sun for 3 months. Then if you are exposed to the sun, you should use sunscreen.
- You cannot carry out physical exertion exercise until after 2 months. No one can stretch their ears until after 3 months.
- Bleeding, infection, bruising. With the first control it is ruled out that you do not have collections of blood or pus that requires drainage.
- Asymmetries of both ears can appear, that one ear is more projected and visible than the other.
- There may be abnormalities of healing, the scar becoming hypertrophic, keloid or hyperpigmented.
- You can make suture dehiscence of the cartilaginous points with a recurrence of the ear deformity, in this case it may require a second surgery.
Does Otoplasty Surgery Leave A Scar?
It leaves a hidden scar on the back of the ear. Non-absorbable stitches are used to make the cartilage sutures so that over time it can happen that the suture is visible through the skin.